LTN is a next-generation global cloud network provider. At LTN, our world-class group is creating the Internet based infrastructure for the future of video transport. Based on ground-breaking technology, LTN transports live video for TV broadcasters including CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC, CNBC, MSNBC, Bloomberg and PBS, as well as delivering sports events including college football and basketball. LTN provides a highly available service, utilizing multiple data centers and thousands of machines, state of the art software, proprietary algorithms and powerful IP networking tools. Our company culture is fast paced, rich with cutting edge technology, and focused on providing superior responsiveness and service to our customers. We’re looking for talented and creative people who will thrive in this exciting environment.
The Linux Network Operations Engineer works in the dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment of the LTN NOC and collaborates with a team of scientists and technolgists to support live TV broadcast delivery for major cable news networks and sports events. The Engineer supports customers, addresses end-to-end service problems, and performs troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability and reliability of a highly available service in a unique large scale Linux deployment.
- Solve end-to-end customer service and quality issues.
- Interface with new and existing customers to provision new services and resolve complex, critical or urgent customer issues.
- Monitor the LTN global video network, LTN internal systems and LTN customer Linux appliances.
- Perform Linux server troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability, reliability, and availability of the LTN service.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IP network issues and determine appropriate solutions.
- Diagnose and fix video related issues.
- Strong skills and experience with the Linux command line environment.
- Experience writing shell scripts and/or Python scripts and using regular expressions.
- Using standard Linux network troubleshooting utilities such as Netstat, tcpdump, Traceroute, Ping.
- Familiarity with Linux IPtables, route configuration, and Ethernet interface configuration.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to confidently solve problems while interacting with customers.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Engineering/Computer Science degree.
- Significant experience with Internet protocols, TCP/IP, IP multicast.
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring IP networks and troubleshooting in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with enterprise firewalls and network security devices.
- Familiarity with layer 2 switches, VLANs.
- Experience working for an ISP or admin troubleshooting for an enterprise network.
- Experience in an operational role supporting services delivered over the Internet.
- Unix system administration / Network Administration experience.
- Customer support experience.
Job location: Savage, MD
Full Time Position — in-office business hours and participating in on-call schedule.
Compensation: Competitive package of salary and other benefits.
Please respond to: firstname.lastname@example.org