LTN is a next-generation global video service provider, which owns and operates a managed IP network. Based on ground-breaking technology, LTN transports broadcast quality video channels for TV broadcasters, including CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC, CNBC, MSNBC, Bloomberg and PBS, as well as delivering sports events including college football and basketball. LTN provides a highly available service, utilizing multiple datacenters and thousands of machines, state of the art software, proprietary algorithms and powerful IP networking tools. At LTN, our world-class group is focused on creating the Internet based ecosystem needed for the future of video transport. Our company culture is fast paced, rich with cutting edge technology, and focused on providing superior responsiveness and service to our customers. We’re looking for talented people who will thrive in this exciting environment. We value talent, creativity, and those with a commitment to learn and grow professionally.
Job Opening: Network Operations Engineer
The Network Operations Engineer works in the dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment of the LTN NOC, to support live TV broadcast delivery for major cable news networks and sports events. The Network Operations Engineer interfaces with customers, addresses end-to-end service problems, and performs troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability and reliability of a highly available service in a unique large scale Linux deployment.
- Solve end-to-end customer service and quality issues.
- Interface with new and existing customers to provision new services and resolve complex, critical or urgent customer issues.
- Monitor the LTN global video network, LTN internal systems and LTN customer Linux appliances.
- Perform Linux server troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability, reliability, and availability of the LTN service.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IP network issues remotely and determine appropriate solutions.
- Diagnose and fix video related issues.
- Strong skills and experience with the Linux command line environment.
- Experience writing shell scripts and/or Python scripts and using regular expressions.
- Comfortable using standard Linux network troubleshooting utilities such as Netstat, tcpdump, Traceroute, Ping.
- Familiarity with Linux IPtables, route configuration, and Ethernet interface configuration.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to confidently solve problems while interacting with customers.
- Engineering/Computer Science degree.
- Significant experience with Internet protocols, TCP/IP, IP multicast.
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring IP networks and troubleshooting in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with enterprise firewalls and network security devices.
- Familiarity with layer 2 switches, VLANs.
- Experience working for an ISP or admin troubleshooting for an enterprise network.
- Experience in an operational role supporting services delivered over the Internet.
- Unix system administration / Network Administration experience.
Job location: Washington DC/Baltimore Area
Full Time Position — in-office business hours and participating in on-call schedule.
Compensation: Competitive package of salary and other benefits
Please respond to: email@example.com